Okay, So I have been asked the same question TOO many times to count...
"How do you get your hair to look like that!?!"
3 Day old Hair!
So, Over the next few days I will be giving you a step by step on how to train your hair to last longer than a day and how to get volume and shape! Keep Checking in, day to day to get the full benefit!
Step One: Understanding your hair...
More often than not people complain to me about the fact that their hair gets too "greasy" too fast and therefore have to Shampoo and restyle their hair daily!
Let's get to the bottom of this!
- Greasy Hair is not really GREASY hair! The problem as you are all aware is your scalp. The sebum (oil) from the scalp travels down your hair making the hair look greasy, limp and smelly. Grease/oil is always more noticeable on straight hair than curly - Sorry Straight hair Ladies, I know how this sucks.. I'm in your boat!
- Often the problem stems from having a DRY scalp. Our bodies are sensitive to a dry scalp and will over produce oil to heal the problem! This unfortunately, almost ALWAYS results in an OVERABUNDANCE of oil and GREASY hair!
- The question is, how do we get a dry scalp?! There are a number of reasons for this. To list a few; Genetics, Hormone Changes, Weather Changes, Product use, etc. The underlying issue is ALWAYS your scalp's PH level!
- You can effect your PH level through healthy eating but the easiest way to balance your PH is by using the right Shampoo! Shampoo can range from a 4 PH to an 8.5. Most of us like the feeling of our hair when we use a HIGH PH shampoo but using a high PH shampoo is generally the culperate for this problem!
- Generally skin has a PH level of 5 yet most shampoos have a PH ranging somewhere near 8. IMPORTANT: Greasy, flakey, smelly scalp is general a sign of a FUNGUS, caused by a HIGH PH, GROSS... I know, but it's the truth. These PH imbalance Fungus' cannot live on a low PH scalp. Every time you shampoo with a high ph product you are contributing to your scalp’s higher ph and in turn making to the problems worse.
Visit tomorrow for the remady...