Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
CREAMY MILK CHOCOLATE...
As a Professional Hair Stylist, I could tell by over hearing their convo that their home hair dying idea was going to be a major disaster!
Okay, as a salon owner this post is TOTALLY bad for business but it needs to be done!
- I suggest using a temporary colour. Using a temp will make it easier to change your colour when you get bored.
- Temp colours, NO MATTER WHAT THE BOX SAYS, are only temp if it is a DARKER colour than your natural!
- Any time you lighten your hair, it is permanent! You are REMOVING pigment from your hair rather than ADDING pigment to your hair.
- If you have VERY dark hair naturally and are trying to lighten your hair be VERY careful with what you choose to use. Naturally dark hair has a high concentration of red undertones whether you see them or not! If you lighten the hair with a product that is "warm" in colour than you are adding even more red, orange, yellow tonality as you lift the darkness out! This can result in a brassy colour.
- Colour CAN NOT remove colour! This means, if you are trying to lighten your previously coloured hair, you can NOT do it with a lighter colour of hair dye. You will have to use a LIGHTENING system. *When you come to the hair salon, we lighten your hair and then TONE it with a TONER. (A blue toner to remove yellow and orange tones leaving the hair neautral, a honey or warm toner to even out the lightened hair leaving it warm and sandy, or a COLOURED toner to cover any inconsistencies in the hair shaft with a lighter but still not BLONDE colour.) You can do this at home by purchasing the lightening system and ALSO a box of dye in your DESIRED colour. This way, if you lighten your hair and it isn't even, you can use the box of DESIRED colour to dye it to that colour.
- Going Darker is hard to mess up!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
You guys are the reason why I keep doing what I'm doing! I love seeing your pretty faces and hearing your juicy stories!
Over the years I have formed some amazing bonds with my ladies and I have seen some of you go through unbelievable feats to become the people you want to be!
As Summer approaches formals, weddings, and graduations begin and I am so proud of my newly Graduated Dentists, Doctors, Phd's, Lawyers, Undergrads, PTs, and Newly Wed Beauties!
Thanks for always making me laugh and smile, but most of all, thanks for being YOU!
My Career ladies! It seem almost all of you have secured your dream jobs straight out of school and have made huge strides, all while looking and being FABULOUS!!!
It really is amazing to see all of you become so successful and polished, thanks for letting me be a part of your journey!
Friday, March 26, 2010
The Product it self is flawless; smooth, rich, creamy and super easy to apply. *Just like ALL Orly Polish.
The Colour; Not for me... my nails sparked conversation with clients... but most of them admitted that they wouldn't sport it themselves!
Here's the truth, the only one RAVING about my Green nails was my BF! When he saw my nails a silly little smile crept over his face and he said; "Good Work E, you're showing support for the Boston Celtics!" (He's a major fan of the team!) I let him believe that I used this colour just for HIM and the Celtics!
Hahaha, Funny Man I have! Xo
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
(That was my attempt to type out how an announcer would welcome her! haha)
Thanks for the warm welcome Ladies, I'm Lauren and I can't wait to get to know you!
I knew cameras would be SNAP snap SNAPPING all day long, and since I was the guest of honour I felt I should doll myself up to fit the theme of Girlie Lingerie Garden Tea Party.
(Photo: Left-Big Sis Alicia, Middle-Little Sis Beanie & ME!)
*My Gorgeous sisters are Lift Cosmetics and Osis fanatics, their "looks" were LIFT looks 100%!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
*Keep it light, we don't want you looking like you've been hitting the beds.
*Then take your blush and apply a wash of colour to the apples of your cheeks!
**To get that extra "Glow" apply a very sheer layer of your blush to your upper eyelids and contour your eyes with the bronzer.
Get Both: $27.00
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thumb: Black Out
Index Finger: Black Out & Pink Lemonade
Middle Finger: Pink Lemonade
Ring Finger: White Tips
Pinky Finger: White Tips & Pink Lemonade
Try it out and let us know what you think! Xo
Thursday, March 18, 2010
One of our own is getting MARRIED, this coming June at Casa (Castle) Loma! So Exciting...
- Hair: Soft Curls pinned back into a loose and romantic Up-do with some face framing pieces.
- Make-up: Heidi Klum inspired, glowing but muted! Looks awesome Joy!
- Hair: It doesn't look perfect because we did it straight from the curly texture of the first look! But picture this massive smooth bun, placed a little higher on her head. *Think; Carrie Bradshaw/Or a Modernized Audrey Hepburn.
- Make-up: A stronger Look, A little more drama to the eyes and a bold PINK Lip!
Tell us what you think. Should we start all over with a completely new look? Or choose one of these?
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
It has been a while since we've given you a challenge with an amazing reward!
So here we go... You have ONE week to submit your entry!
We want to see your favorite Spring Look. Head to toe ladies!!!
Hair, Make-Up, Nails and Fashion... put it all together take a pic and send it our way!!! liftcosmetics[at]gmail[dot]com
We'll pick our favorite look and the winner will be featured here for everyone to see!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
- LOGIC: Laying down changes the effects of the force of gravity on your face and neck. Your facial muscles need a break just like the rest of your body. By laying down/sleeping you are giving your skin and facial muscles a chance to be relatively still and without expression - Making repetitive facial expressions is the number one contributor to wrinkles and fine lines. (Ever seen what your face looks like laying down? Everything looks different - look specifically at your eye-brows. Tip: Always have your brow's shaped - waxed, threaded etc. sitting upright.)
- FACT: When we are asleep the entire body perspires more. This moisture helps to smooth wrinkles and is considered a natural skin treatment.
- FACT: We typically experience a surge in growth hormones while sleeping. The secretion of growth hormones helps to repair and rebuild body tissues like muscle and bone. But it's really called BEAUTY SLEEP because many of the body’s cells increase in production and slow the breakdown of proteins during deep sleep. Proteins are needed for cell growth and repair of damage from stress and ultraviolet rays.
Most importantly; Stress harms the body's ability to repair itself. Sleep deprivation applies stress to the body and leads to an unhealthy appearance.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
That being said, when Miley stepped infront of the camera I totally GASPED!!! In my opinion she looks AMAZING!
From Lift Cosmetics; Here's how you would recreate the look!
Glowing but NOT shiny. Get this perfectly clear look by Cleansing and Toning with our Alpha Hydroxy Skin Care. Follow up with the Alpha Hydroxy Moisture Complex to smooth out your skin and control shine for the perfect makeup base!
Foundation- Keep the skin FLAWLESS with our Flawless Finish Cream Foundation. It provides full coverage and leaves your skin glowing not matte. Plus it comes in a compact great for touch ups!
Bronzer- Then use Lift Cosmetics Tropical Tan Bronzer to contour your skin under your cheek bones and around the edges of your face.
Blush- Apply 811 Cupids Kiss over the apples of cheeks for that glowing golden shine.
Highlighter- Finish off your skin with a glow by sweeping Moon Dust shimmer over your cheekbones, brow bones, and in the inner corner of the eye.
Eyeliner- Use Oynx liner on the upper and lower lashes. Blend with a small brush for that smudgy look.
Lids/Crease- Starting on the lash line working your way up to the crease, apply 30 Steel Mist.
Smoke Effect- Use 109 Black Magic with a small brush and press it over the lash line and smudge up. Smudge Along lower lash line as well.
Liner- Line lips with Flesh liner. Fill in the entire lips to make your colours last all night.
Lipstick- Apply Serene Lipglass lipstick for that warm nude soft look.
Gloss- Finish your movie star look with Starlight Mauve gloss to hydrate and highlight your lips!
*Don't forget to fill in your brows, look how perfectly polished Miley's look!
Mention this post and get 15% off the products used to get this look!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Cameron Diaz and Sandra Bullock's hair Stylist seem to been part of the few who didn't get the memo that having hair UP, is totally IN!
As I am sure you all notices all of the fashionista's had they hair pulled back for the big night! Most of them where showing volume and texture which made the styles look less manicured and more organic to juxtipose their well polished jewlery and perfectly hemmed dresses!
- Don't wash your hair for 2 days!
- Flip your head upside down and place your hands (with fingers spread apart) at the root and shake shake shake!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Last Week's Give-Away was such a SUCCESS that we are offering you something SIMILAR this week!
Here's how it works:
As the HOST of the party, you invite as many ladies as you wish! *(Minimum of 5 attendees per party)
Each Guest & The Host Will Receive:
The Cost: Each Attendee = $45.00 *50% Redeemable in Product!!!
The Give-Away: If you call to book your party between now and March 10th (you're party can be any date) the HOST will receive 4 products COMPLETELY Free!
Gather your girls for a GREAT time!
Call now, we're booking up! 416-960-5438
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
After 2 straight weekends of partying I needed a BREAK! I feel OLD :(
(Pic: Me, My Big Brother and my kittie Tye!)
Trends this season:
- Shirt Dresses with Wicked Heals!
- Florals and Denim (I'm not talking the standard JEANS, I'm talking jackets, shirts, shorts, skirts and hats!)
- and -
- Military Styles, sharply cut, structured pieces.
I won't need to do TOO much shopping this season! Most of the looks, I can get from what I have in my wardrobe from years past! *I keep everything, styles always come back!
The only thing I'm missing are some floral pieces to add into the mix! While I was on my walk I scouted some great items at Honey and Sense of Independence! I started with a great accessory! The runway shows were show-casing MULTI strand necklace! Take a look at my new purchase! How cute would it look with a floral top, a pair of boyfriend jean shorts and nude heals? Put a little boho wave in the hair, and a soft sweep of bronzer on the cheeks... Ahhhh what a cute little look!
Happy Shopping Ladies! Xo
P.S. This Necklace comes in gold too! So pretty, the heart is a locket, designed by a Canadian and it was a great price! You should check out Sense of Independence on Eglinton!
- Military Styles, sharply cut, structured pieces.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
*Fill your bath tub with hot water, add 2 cups of hot chocolate mix and 1 cup of milk ... Slide in and enjoy the most luxurious bath!
Friday, March 5, 2010
It's Friday... here's a tip for you...
As much as we are all starting to get SUPER excited about the weather warming up, it would be totally dishonest of me to say that I wasn't slightly worried!
I have been hiding under over-sized sweaters and scarves for the past 4 months. Here's the problem: I have a tendency of putting 5-7lbs on between the months of October and February, EVERY YEAR. Girls, I know it isn't fun to admit, but I know you are feeling this too! I hear it ALL day at the Boutique! Let's not complain about it, lets do something about it!
1. DRINK A LOT OF WATER, I try to drink at least 2L's EVERY DAY!
2. 100 Crunches, 30 push-ups, and a 20min. walk EVERY DAY!
3. Eat 6 SMALL meals, EVERY DAY!
4. Be positive, smile and never be TOO hard on yourself!
I've done this for a week straight and have already lost 2lbs! I know I'll be ready for my summer wardrobe!
If you want to a take a more serious approach check out MARV!
Once I find some free time, I will be trying out his "Women's Hybrid Work Out"
I've heard amazing things from client's of mine who have tried it out! Here's what it's all about...
"It’s an innovative system that fuses functional resistance training, anaerobic conditioning, and athletic movement to create the most effective workout you will ever experience! The Hybrid Workout will help you sculpt a body that is as STRONG as it is BEAUTIFUL - the way nature intended it to be. By transforming exercise into play - we guarantee that you’ll have more fun than you’ve ever imagined, while working harder than you ever have before!"
Let Marv know that you heard about him, from Lift... He might give you a little deal! xo
Thursday, March 4, 2010
BERRY BEAUTY, Lift Cosmetic's Spring 2010 Collection has arrived and is ON the shelves, as promised!
I used to be a Gloss Girl, but over the passed year I totally switched up to join the crowd of Lip Stick wearers... that was, until this Spring Line came out!
This super hydrating formula is infused with MINT to freshen your breath and slightly Plump your Lips! It's sheer as can be, with a hint of colour, just to enhance what you've naturally got! Sugar Plum is now my in purse GO TO, it goes with just about EVERYTHING!
Mention this post and receive 10% off any purchase of Lift's Spring Collection, Berry Beauty!