Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Next Chapter....

I smiled, I cried, I gasped, I laughed, and I cried again... 
 
 Only Sex and the City seems capable of making me feel ALL of these emotions in a mere 2 hour period!


My BFF/fellow Lift Beauty Girl and I went to the pre-screening of the new Sex and the City 2 movie..

Right after the movie, I really had NO words! Lauren asked what I thought, I said "I don't know!" (For those of you who know me, it's CRAZY unusual for me NOT to an an opinion about something! hehe)

But as the hours and days pass since I saw the movie I realize that I was mesmerized by the Fashion, Hair and Make-up and couldn't decide whether to comment on it, or the story line!

Fact of the matter is, the visual appeal of the entire movie was unbelievable from the very first moment! But there was WAY more to that movie, than that!

I keep hearing ladies who've seen the movie say, "Nothing happened..." I totally understand that feeling! There was no cliff hanger, no unexpected DRAMATIC moment...But there was a strong connection between the characters and us viewers!

It seemed to me that the writers recognized that the Sex and the City audience is starting to move into a new chapter of our lives!

Not so much dating, and event jumping - but more relationships, marriage, TV watching, couch sitting and BABIES! People say that getting married and starting a family is "settling down," SATC showed perspective on how much work it is to maintain a healthy, loving relationship!  They showed us that this chapter is far from "settling down" but more the beginning of chaos and change!

I'm not married, nor do I have babies, but I have been in a committed relationship for years now and although my man is the most amazing on earth - I could totally relate to the characters!
In a sense I feel that the movie taught me a few lessons and prepared me for the next chapter in my life. *Both in Fashion and relationships!

In the next 4 posts I will be zeroing in on one of each of the ladies' looks and writing "how to's!" Visit back to get their "looks!"

What did you guys think of the movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment